Tuesday, July 12, 2011

July gaming update

I figured I have been all over the place the last few blogs, and have been leaving out details of what I have actually been up to for gaming in a nutshell.

For the tabletop, nothing much has been happening lately. 
  • My next big project, alongside my painting challenge, is to make (or find is a good option too) a balanced Tau army list for Warpath. I always enjoyed the looks of the Tau, and Warpath brings a fresh restart. 
  • My painting challenge has proven that I suck at committing to painting my minis, as I still have only finished the one mini thus far.
  • No real games to speak of since my last few battle reports, just to many other things going on at the moment.

For MMO/PC gaming, I have been rather busy. 
  • I am still putzing along in Spiral Knights. I now have my character geared in all 4 star gear and doing some tier 3 dungeon runs. That's getting rather annoying at the insane grind you get when trying to farm for the money to get the recipes for the 5 star gear upgrades. 
  • I played UO for a few days, was still great fun, but still has that 'been there, done that' feeling. 
  • Thinking about rejoining WAR with my Reenlistment free days. Not sure what I'll accomplish, but could be nice to see the most recent changes to the game, and maybe write up a report for those that haven't played it in a while. 
  • Tried to play Forsaken World, but just couldn't get into it. The animations for that game were so hitchy that it annoyed me to watch my character run from one place to another.
  •  I got Dead Space 1 and 2 off of the Steam Summer sale, controls kinda suck, but I'm working with that.
  • I also got a game called A.R.E.S that is more or less a cheap Mega Man. It was only $5, else I wouldn't have bought it. Everything it does, Mega Man has done before and better. It's okay if you want a side scroller for the heck of it, but don't spend full price on it by no means.

That's pretty much what I have been up to lately. As always, I'll post as things come up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...