Thursday, August 11, 2011

Painted Forgefather miniature sneak peak

Well, finally got to see how well the 2D renders of the Forgefather miniatures translates to the miniature version.



My first impressions... I'm not really sure how I like it. It certainly looks good, and I have no doubts an army made entirely out of those miniatures would look excellent on the table, but I just can't see myself playing with the Forgefathers. It is entirely my fault though for expecting 'Not-Dwarf' dwarf Forgefathers even though the concept art was very clear in regards to what direction Mantic was going.

Now I have your attention, let me tell you why I personally wouldn't play with the Forgefather seen in the sneak peak. The miniature is excellent, but the fact of the matter is I just don't care for Dwarf miniatures. It seems that Dwarfs are just a hard miniature to make feel right. No knees, too squat, too fat, static pose... Almost every Miniature company from Mantic to GW suffers from one or more of those attributes.

I still think that Scibor's SF Knight range (not that I have that much money to spend) and GW Space Marines make better Forgefathers, namely because the term Forgefather still works very well for the Salamander Space Marine chapter from Warhammer 40K.  Once again, only feel this way namely because I tend to dislike Dwarf miniatures in general.

For those people looking to build a Squats type army for Warhammer 40K, or want the Forgefathers as they are, these new miniatures will no doubt make excellent troops, and I hope to see at least a few around my area at some point once they are released.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...