Sunday, September 18, 2011

Dreadfleet...


Not much I can say about Dreadfleet. It's Man o' War 2.0...

I will be brutally honest, I don't see any reason to get Dreadfleet, as it won't be fully supported, it will have minimal miniatures available to use, and there are other ship based combat systems out there now for about the same price.

Now don't get me wrong, Man o' War is a fun game indeed, I enjoyed those few games I did manage to play many years ago. However, with Spartan Games putting heavy focus on fleet based games right our of the gate, as well as other companies but are much more minor the Spartan is, hard to validate spending $115 on a GW ship based game when you could spend ~$130 on Dystopian Wars and get a game actually going to grow for a while rather then be a one shot deal.

For me, I got my Firestorm Armada personally. It is still a heavy fleet action feeling to it, as Spartan games was honest that they just took their ship game and reworked minor rules to make the ships work in space. they did do an excellent job, but in the end a ship game is a ship game.

A part of me really hates these little money grabs by GW, as it just taints some of previously good memories of past game with the 'new' GW experience of high prices, limited support, and questionable quality. With that said, if Warhammer Quest was given the same treatment as Space Hulk was given, I would be on that in a heart beat simply because, as some readers might have noticed, I do still play WHQ.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...