Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Plans for my upcoming weekend...


This weekend should be the standard faire for the most part.

It sounds like the neighbor wants to get together again for another game of something, not sure exactly what he is interested in. I might play a more 'official' version of Warmachine with him, or Drakon if he comes by early enough that my wife can join in.

As for Warmachine, I am pretty set on building myself a Retribution of Scyrah force. Just going on pure looks and very basic details I've gathered on the web, I got the general idea of what I want to do. I am thinking something along the lines of:

  • Rahn
  • Discordia
  • Phoenix
  • Battle Mages
  • Full Halberds w/ UA
  • Arcanist
  • Arcanist
  • Magister
  • Magister
  • Magister

That would give me a Tier 3 themed list for Rahn, two of the cooler looking myrmidons to use, as well as a very different playstyle and look from my current Menoth/Reznik force. That is of course a 35 point force

The Warmachine updates don't end there either.

My wife has never had any real good luck with the eSkarre force, for various reasons it just never performed as well as either of us thought it should. Some of the problem is that my wife doesn't like having to try and remember so much in regards to synergies, combo, ect. So I went about rebuilding her force and found something that more or less had an overall tactic, enemy disruption. Of course I wanted to still keep her force feeling themed on the tabletop, so tried to limit myself in regards to what I took. In the end I came out with the following 35 point Cryx force:

  • eSkarre
  • Slayer
  • Reaper
  • Ogrun Boarding Party
  • Full Blood Witches w/ UA
  • Full Raiders w/ UA
  • Raider Captain
  • Warwitch Siren
  • Warwitch Siren

With 4 harpoon using minis, the Warwitches seduction, and the Blood Witches blood mist ability, I think this might work a bit better at creating discord on the field. Only the test of time will tell us if that's the case though.

I'll probably start getting some, if not all if possible, of the minis this weekend. I already have a decent color scheme in mind, that I might actually have the patience to paint. no promises on that front though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...