Monday, August 12, 2013

PRDF troubles


My last build of the PRDF went by fairly smoothly, but something with this new build is entirely different. Everything about it is coming along differently, although to be honest it is mostly my fault. Now while you are reading this, just keep in mind I am venting, so it'll be filled with more angst than normal.

First and foremost is the fact I primered my infantry the wrong base color. I don't know why I picked up the wrong primer, but I did, and of course instead of being the ultramarine blue smooth finish, it came out black and chalky. I tried to make it work, I really did, but at the end of the day I am not at all pleased with the outcome, which means paint stripping ahoy.

Next up is the fact I put enough effort into magnetizing my minis, but decided not to put the same effort into bracing the minis arms. Of course this means the minis bust apart if you so much as look at them funny. Of course that means I need to go back and pin the minis and hope the current primer holds up through the punishment it is about to receive.

Last, but the most annoying to me since it hounded me during my last build too, is the fact my Crusader IV axe busted off during travel. I can't figure out how to put the weapon onto the Crusader hands without completely clipping off the hand guard, and pin all the way through. I think I may end up going that route and just sucking it up no matter how much I don't like it.

Right now I am a bit disheartened by all these events. I know I can fix everything, but a part of me really just doesn't want to put that effort forward. Anyone out there in internet-land land have any ideas as to how to approach the whole axe issue? Am I more or less doomed to cutting off the hand guard?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...