Thursday, June 30, 2011

Warmachine - 25 point pKreoss vs eSkarre

My wife wanted to try out a modified army list last night, first battle we did was her themed eSkarre 25 point list versus pKroess.

Her new list was :
  • Skarre, Queen of the Broken Coast
  • Reaper
  • Slayer
  • Satyxis Blood Witches (Leader and 5 Grunts)
  • Satyxis Blood Hag
  • Satyxis Raiders (Leader and 5 Grunts)
  • Satyxis Raider Sea Witch
  • Satyxis Raiders (Leader and 5 Grunts)
  • Satyxis Raider Captain

My list with pKroess was just a mix of minis I had left floating around:
  • High Exemplar Kreoss
  • Redeemer
  • Repenter
  • Crusader
  • Choir of Menoth (Leader and 3 Grunts)
  • Exemplar Errants (Leader and 5 Grunts)
  • Exemplar Errant Officer & Standard Bearer
  • Exemplar Errant Seneschal
  • The Wrack (3 wracks) 
  • Vassal of Menoth

This fight we knew her force absolutely required  some terrain to protect her advance, so we had three small copse, and GW's Temple of Skulls on the tabletop. Unfortunately for me, none of these worked for me during deployment since temple (the impassable side) was on my side of the board (wife won the first turn).

I will accept that i suck with pKroess. I have not used him literally since I first got into Warmachine, so extremely rusty in his playstyle compared to my trusted Reznik. This of course meant I completely boned up my deployment, having all my Errants on one side of the temple, and pKreoss's battlegroup and jack support on the other side of the temple.

My wife who got to deploy first set up most of her units opposite my Errants, with a single units of Raiders opposite of Kroess. Skarre and her jacks were hiding behind a copse of trees in the center of her deployment zone.

My wife's first turn was rather uneventful as she marched up the field, closing in with my units. My turn started with me closing the gap with my own units, but unable to get within range to get off any ranged attacks. My Senechal took up position right outside a copse of trees this turn while the other Errants formed up along the right side of that copse. Kreoss and his group moved towards Skarre, only thing he was able to do was cast Defenders Ward on the Crusader since he was out of range of his Errants.

Turn two was the finisher. 

The wife's large unit of Raiders nearest the Errants closed the gap slightly, but was unable to get into combat. She was just close enough to get one shot off with her hand cannon which killed an Errant. Wife continued moving her force, each heading towards the Errants. Because of the opening Kreoss had, and because Skarre didn't realize exactly what his feat did, I move him forward, just in range to knock her, the Reaper, the small unit of Raiders, and four members of the Raiders down to the ground. Taking this time the Errants rush forward shooting off crossbow bolts. This left Skarre severely wounded, but the battle was yet done. The Senechal rushed through the forest coming out slightly behind the large Raider unit, and shot the killing shot, killing Skarre.

The battle was fast and deadly, over in literally two turns. This of course didn't make my wife all that happy. Obviously, neither her, nor myself, set-up or played to our best. Numerous mistakes were made on both our parts, from deployment all the way through to not knowing what each unit was capable of. My wife wanted to play another game, since she didn't get much chance to actually use any of her units. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...