Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Retribution Halberdier WIP

Sorry it has been a while since my last post. It's just that time of the year, but good news is I actually do have news this time around.

I got a chance to mess with the photo studio/light box I got off Amazon and can already see a huge difference in photo quality for mini pics. Still working with the camera to get just the right quality, but slowly and surely we are getting there.

Anyhow I started painting my Retribution Halberdier unit last week. got a couple minis done, and hop to get 1-2 more done this week. Thus far I have the leader and a grunt done, the leader came out pretty nice thus far, even though i do still have some highlighting I need to finish up before I can really call him complete.



His armor came out amazingly well, much better then I was expecting. The highlights really make the mini look like he's gotten some beaten copper armor on that's been polished through long term use. I am still working on the metallic blue highlighting, but it still came out respectful enough to look decent from a range. The base I custom built also looks much nicer then I, or my wife, expected. I was thinking of adding flock at first, but now I think the base is good the way it is.

You can see the gems are not highlighted at all yet, the base still needs to be cleaned up and the front arc painted on (still thinking of ideas here), but that's all that really jumps out at me that remains to be done.

I'll keep this going as I get units done, or break into new units. This should be a nice way to keep me humble as my work grows, as painting is still something I am not a huge fan of, but the Retribution is keeping me just excited enough that I want to see it through this time around.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...