Friday, June 8, 2012

Friday showcase - Relthoza 'Borg Fleet'

Part of my blog's plan moving forward., I am doing a Friday Showcase day, a day where I show off either my own, or something I found on the internet that somehow left an impression on me for one reason or another. Any works that I post from other people, I will of course tell you where I got the pic from.

Every now and then you stumble across a miniature on the internet that just stuns you with its beauty. Today just happened to be one of those days. Today I decided, pretty much on a whim, that I wanted to see the last 7 days top minis on CMoN, and was shocked at one of the options were to look at. I'll let the picture speak for itself, but you can find the official post here.


The painter did an amazing job at making the ships uniform, and the end results is certainly a well designed force that looks like it was built to be flying together through the depths of space. This is one commission job that I have to admit I love, and could only wish I had anywhere near that skill level and love for painting.

It probably doesn't help I already had a Relthoza fleet for Firestorm Armada, but the color scheme was amazing in the way it was applied. I would love to see how a blue would work instead of green.

Another thing this fleet shows, that i hadn't had a chance to see before, was just how the Relthoza dreadnaught looks alongside others in the fleet. This has done a lot for me to get me excited about playing, and painting, my Relthoza fleet, as well as an idea of what my fleet will look like once it is done.

Of course my fleet won't have the two Venom class cruisers in it, instead I am choosing to use:

  • Apex Dreadnaught
  • Hive Carrier
  • 2x Scarab class Heavy Cruisers
  • 3x Bane R&D Cruisers
  • 12x Drone Frigates

I picked the Scarabs over the Venoms for a couple reasons. Most notably I like the idea and appearance of the Scarabs as a swift killer in the fleet, thus it not being 'tall' like the others.

I never really cared for the Relthoza Brood class Battleship, it just didn't look right to me, but the Apex is just an amazing miniature. Most of the dreadnaughts are for the most part, but the Apex always stood as top of the chain along side the Aquan Prime's Medusa dreadnaught.

Once again, this painted Relthoza fleet that is an excellent source idea for anyone interested in some type of inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...